THIS OFFER HAS BEEN PROVIDED; applications are no longer being accepted for this position.
Mathematical modelling and numerical simulation of phase-change materials
- Supervisor : Ionut DANAILA
- Co-supervisors and collaborators : Francky Luddens, Corentin Lothodé
- Context : This study is part of the research project M2SiNUM (2018-2021)
- Research topic : Solid-liquid phase change systems involving melting or freezing processes are encountered in numerous practical applications, ranging from metal casting and thermal energy storage to food freezing.
- Requirements : The successful candidate is expected to hold (or about to have) a PhD in the area of computational applied mathematics or physics. Programming experience is essential. Experience with FreeFem++ and in using high-performance computing facilities (HPC) would be an advantage.